Re: bug when dropping parent table

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug when dropping parent table
Date: 2007-09-17 18:43:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>> I saw I bug when dropping (Edit > Drop Cascaded) a table that has
>> childs. I couldn't provide a patch, sorry. I only tested it on SVN code.
>>

> You mean a table thats a parent in an inheritance tree? What was the error?

[1] shows the problem. The problem is not in the DROP command; it's in
the presentation. The function dropSingleObject() in frm/events.cpp
tries to guess if it'll select the top or bottom object. Indeed it
didn't consider that the top/bottom object was dropped too.

[1] http://timbira.com/tmp/inh.png (sorry my pgsql is in pt_BR; the
message said 'relation "b" does not exist')

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/