Re: pgsql: Remove QueryOperand->istrue flag, it was used only in cover

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Teodor Sigaev" <teodor(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove QueryOperand->istrue flag, it was used only in cover
Date: 2007-09-11 18:21:18
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-patches

Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> Remove QueryOperand->istrue flag, it was used only in cover ranking
> (ts_rank_cd). Use palloc'ed array in ranking instead of flag.

Nice, I played around that myself as well today. I tried to use
Bitmapsets, instead of bool arrays, but that turned out to be
significantly slower than the way it used to be. It looks like that
bool-array method isn't, so that's good.

Increasing the length field in QueryOperand doesn't actually help,
because TSVector still only uses 11-bits for the length. And there's
checks in tsquery.c that forbid values longer than MAXSTRLEN=2^11-1 anyway.

--
Heikki Linnakangas