Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug

From: Erwin Brandstetter <a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.8.0 beta3 bug
Date: 2007-09-03 13:01:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> The tablespace issue concerns primary key - and unique constraints.
> This should have gone into a separate paragraph but got mixed up.

I have had another look at this.
On Indexes, the field "Tablespace" is generally deactivated (with pg 8.1
or 8.2). I do have an additional tablespace to choose from in my test
db-clusters and I can change the tablespace for indexes per SQL.
ALTER INDEX test_idx SET TABLESPACE my_tblspace;
It should only be deactivated for pg < 8.0, as it is was introduced in
pg 8.0.

Maybe the feature to move indexes around is not ready yet, but you
forgot to deactivate it for constraints implementing an index : primary
key / unique constraints.
So if I got it right, we should either implement / activate the feature
for pg 8.0+ (and activate the corresponding field in index properties)
or deactivate the field for those constraints, too.

Regards
Erwin