Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date: 2007-08-29 19:25:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> (FYI, a few weeks ago David Fetter stated I had less sway than in the
> past. I should have replied that I hope I always hold no sway. I and
> other core members should never hold any special sway in discussions
> except based on the validity of our opinions and judgement stated in the
> discussion, i.e. not because we are core members.)

You guys (all core) DO hold more sway because you've spent
many years earning the trust of the community. I for
one think you understand the issues surrounding topics like
this far more than most of us do - if for no other reason
than because you were exposed to them longer.

I'd love to know what each member of core feels about the
name; along with the reasons why. Indeed such explanations
probably would sway many people's votes because I suspect
your reasons will be based on more experience than ours.