Re: Final status of projects?

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Final status of projects?
Date: 2007-08-29 17:51:52
Lists: pgsql-students
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Students & Mentors,
>
> I'd like to know how all of your projects came out.  I know about a few of
> them, but not a lot of the others:
>
> Florian -- still working on HOT Standby
PITR standby you mean, I think ;-)

I have completed an early prototype. Since the pencils-down dealine of
GSoC has already passed (It was 20th August), I'm currently working on
a patch to lazily assign XIDs. This is a generalization of a part of
my GSoC work, since readonly queries on PITR standby instances need to
be able to run without a real XID too (We cannot generate XIDs on the
standby, they might conflict with those generated on the master).

If this patch should go in, it'll remove one obstacle from the way
to readonly-queries on PITR slaves, and make the rest of the patch
a great deal less intrusive.

greetings, Florian Pflug