PickSplit method of 2 columns ... error

From: Kevin Neufeld <kneufeld(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PickSplit method of 2 columns ... error
Date: 2007-08-28 16:23:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Has anyone come across this error before?

LOG: PickSplit method of 2 columns of index 'asset_position_lines_asset_cubespacetime_idx' doesn't support secondary split

This is a multi-column GiST index on an integer and a cube (a data type from the postgres cube extension module).

I traced the error to the gistUserPicksplit function in the gistsplit.c file ... I surmise that this method is called whenever a page split is necessary.

So, I know when this error occurs, but I don't know why.

Thoughts anyone?
Cheers,
Kevin

--