Re: tsearch core path, v0.58

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch core path, v0.58
Date: 2007-08-20 16:03:28
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
>> http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/tsearch_core-0.58.gz
>
> What is src/backend/utils/tsearch/dict_ispell/parse.h ?
oops - that is unused file after some experiments. Will be removed from patch.

> Well, I know what it *is*: it's bison output.  The question is what is
> it doing here?  It doesn't seem to be used, and if it is used then I
> do not see the bison grammar file it's made from.
>
> BTW, I would like to shorten some of the path names in this fileset.
> Is there a reason not to combine src/backend/utils/adt/tsearch,
> src/backend/utils/tsearch, and src/backend/utils/tsearch/dict_ispell
> into one place, perhaps src/backend/tsearch?

There is no any strong reason - src/backend/utils/tsearch contains fucntions
about processing text, they are rather complex.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/