Re: COPY <table> FROM STDIN BINARY

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Владимир Баранов <baranoff(at)inbox(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY <table> FROM STDIN BINARY
Date: 2007-08-19 21:40:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Владимир Баранов wrote:

> My question is: what input binary format of a timestamp value should I use?

There are two possible formats depending on whether or not
integer_datetimes is set or not. (This is a compile-time option, you can
query the server to see which is set via SHOW, I think -- it's also
autoreported on connection startup, but you can't get at that as a JDBC
client)

I can't remember the details of the formats though -- you may need to
check the server source code for details. One is a 64-bit integer from
memory.

-O