No indication of activity during count

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: No indication of activity during count
Date: 2007-08-16 19:02:51
Lists: pgadmin-support
I verified the following is still happening in 1.8.  If I right click a
large table (7 million rows) and then select "Count", pgAdmin gives no
indication that it is busy.  In my case, this count takes about 45
seconds to complete.  I use a trick I learned with Toad years ago: if
you move the window, the menu bar does not refresh and hence turns a
solid white.  When the query completes, the menu reappears.

But I'm not asking for the menu bar to be addressed.  Rather, I'd like
some indicator that shows pgAdmin is busy.  The obvious choice would be
to update the elapsed time counter in the bottom right corner.

Thanks for a great admin tool.

--
Guy Rouillier

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Jay MorrisDate: 2007-08-16 20:24:12