Re: Features list

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org,Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>,Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Features list
Date: 2007-08-14 09:36:25
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert Treat schrieb:
>> We need to bear in mind that non-supporters of PostgreSQL are fairly
>> vocal about the "fact" that we "dont support replication".
>
> And these people surely know about things like slony.  So we need to be
> cognizant of this distinction people have with replication that is built-in
> vs add-on solutions.

Thats true as well as for example Oracle has also built in replication
(well, actually its an add-on sold separately) but even this is rarely
used. Instead many people seem to favour 3rd party solutions with a
nicer price tag and better reputation.

Things we absolutely have and most, if not all our competitors don't
is for example fully transactional DDL.

Regards
Tino