Re: Default privileges for new databases (was Re: Can't

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>, "Ron Snyder" <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com>,"Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,"pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default privileges for new databases (was Re: Can't
Date: 2002-08-27 07:34:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> What we really need is some mode on template1 that says, "I am not
> world-writable, but the admin hasn't made me world-non-writable, so I
> will create new databases that are world-writable".  Does that make
> sense?

I think template1 public should be non-world-writeable by default, and pass that
to newly created databases. What exactly was it, why we don't want that ?
Backwards compatibility ? Imho doing one (additional) grant after creating a db
cannot be such a problem, no ?

Andreas

Next:From: D'Arcy J.M. CainDate: 2002-08-27 11:31:31