Re: [HACKERS] Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl
Date: 2001-12-18 11:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
> "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at> writes:
> > Here is a patch per above thread.
>
> Why did you change libpgtcl's build process?  AFAIK no one was claiming
> that was broken.

It was definitely broken on AIX, and was also the original complaint.
Since the make stopped there the next failure in pl/tcl was not reported.

> This does not seem the right time to be making undiscussed changes in
> Makefile.shlib, either.  What's with that?

I was presuming, that the patch was at this stage not applied without further
review and testing on some other port.

It is not a real big problem, but for some targets "make clean" fails to
clean libxxx.2.0 (depending on what $(shlib) is on that port) and the
libxxx.exp file without the patch.
The patch brings "clean-lib" inline with "uninstall-lib".

Unfortunately it misses to clean xxx.dll on Windows, very sorry :-(
I thought I tripplechecked. Incremental patch attached.

Andreas

Next:From: pwdDate: 2001-12-18 11:32:43