Re: [HACKERS] Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl
Date: 2001-12-17 13:43:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom writes:
> > Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD writes:
> >> Second I do not understand why the Makefile in pl/tcl is so complicated,
> >> and not similar e.g. to the plpython one, so the first task should be to
> >> simplify the Makefile to use Makefile.shlib, and not cook it's own soup.
>
> > All the oddities in that makefile are there because presumably some system
> > needed them in the past.
>
> No, it's a historical thing: the Makefile.shlib stuff didn't exist when
> pltcl was developed. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't try to fold
> pltcl in with the Makefile.shlib approach when we started doing that.
> Possibly I was just thinking "don't fix what ain't broken". But now
> I'd vote for changing over.

Here is a patch per above thread.
I tested the getDBs function in pgtclsh and a simple pltcl function.

I duplicated the file mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh which is probably not good,
but bin/pgtclsh already did it like that, so ...

Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
tcl.patch application/octet-stream 6.0 KB