Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jwbaker(at)acm(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem
Date: 2002-01-03 13:02:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo, is AIX capable of <10 millisecond sleeps?

Yes, the select granularity is 1 ms for non root users on AIX.

AIX is able to actually sleep micro seconds with select
as user root (non root users can use usleep for the same
result). AIX also has yield.

I already reported this once, but a patch was not welcomed,
maybe I failed to properly describe ...

Andreas

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Reinoud van LeeuwenDate: 2002-01-03 14:11:11