Re: Problem on AIX with current

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem on AIX with current
Date: 2001-10-01 12:33:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Per Tom's request(1000 concurrent backends), I tried current on IBM
> AIX 5L and found that make check hungs:
>
> parallel group (13 tests): float4 oid varchar
>
> pgbench hungs too if more than 4 or so concurrent backends are
> involved.

I once had hangs during make check on AIX 4, but after make distclean
and
rebuild was never able to reproduce.

Can you read the man page for cs(3), AIX 4 sais it is not recommended
suggests to use compare_and_swap, maybe AIX 5 has more to say ?

> Unfortunately gdb does not work well on AIX, so I'm stucked.
> Maybe a new locking code?

Use dbx (and ddd) ?

I don't have access to AIX 5.

Andreas