Re: Selecting connections - blinking hour glass

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selecting connections - blinking hour glass
Date: 2007-08-13 11:07:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0  Beta 3 (Aug 10 2007, rev: 6546M). Client
> Win XP, host: Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4 and Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8
>
> A little suspicious something, though it is not causing any real
> problems AFAICS:
>
> When I click on a connection in the object tree the mouse pointer
> changes from arrow to hour glass a couple of times in quick succsession,
> before it is selected.
> Same with right or left mouse button or up and down keys.
> This is new in 1.8 and not in 1.6.3.
>
> It looks like looping code, where the hour glass is switched on and off
> repeatedly where it shouldn't be.

There was one flash extra for a server over any other object type = I've
removed that now, but it still seems a little hyperactive compare to
everything else. I cannot see any further differences at the moment
though, so I've committed what I've got and will take another look sometime.

Thanks, Dave.