Re: Bug in properties dialogue for role

From: Erwin Brandstetter <a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in properties dialogue for role
Date: 2007-08-10 17:31:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like it thinks you're editting a numeric value. Are you sure
>> you weren't?
>>
>> /D
>>
> I am sure. Try the test case.
> But I guess you found the root of the problem right there: pgadmin
> probably thinks it is editing a numeric value, though it is text.

I have checked on the docs. I quote from
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-set.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-set.html

/>value/
> New value of parameter. Values can be specified as string
constants, identifiers, numbers, or comma-separated lists of these.
DEFAULT can be used to specify resetting the parameter to its default
value.

Identifiers are text. I suspect pgadmin expects numbers, regardless.

Regards
Erwin