Re: ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.
Date: 2007-08-09 22:12:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Sorry, very late reaction...
>
> Um, I tried it on ACCESS2000.(08.02.0402)
> This is the table which stretched the link.
> http://www.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/psqlODBC_TEST/psqlODBC_link1.PNG
> Query which you say was imitated.?
> http://www.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/psqlODBC_TEST/psqlODBC_link2.PNG
> It is tested.
> http://www.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/psqlODBC_TEST/psqlODBC_link3.PNG
>
> Your problem is not reproduced....I may have missed something.
> If possible, please let me know reproducible environment.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

It's happening on all of my client sites that I've turned
standard_conforming_strings ON in postgresql.conf.

Table definition as follows:
create table billing_code (
dealer_id text not null ,
date_changed timestamp null ,
time_changed time null ,
billing_code_id text not null ,
des text ,
billing_code_type text ,
labour_rate numeric(19,4) null ,
labour_sales_group smallint null ,
customer_no int null ,
parts_sales_group smallint null ,
comeback text ,
workshop text not null,
franchise text not null,
location text not null,
deleteflag text
) WITHOUT OIDS TABLESPACE ts_autodrs_main
;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON billing_code TO "AutoDRS";
alter table billing_code add
constraint pk_billing_code primary key
(
billing_code_id,
dealer_id,
franchise,
workshop,
location
)
;

Steps to reproduce:
0) Make sure standard_conforming_strings is turned ON and pg has been
restarted.
1) Open up MS Access (2000 and 2003 both give me the problem)
2) Go to tables section, right click and select link table.
3) Find your ODBC data source.
4) Select public.billing_code from the list of tables.
5) Error is presented at that stage (don't even get to the point of
writting a select query)

I can attach the full mylog if you so wish - I haven't put it on yet
because the log created from just that one query is around 800K so I'm
leaving it off unless it's specifically requested.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator