Re: ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC driver adding extra characters to table names.
Date: 2007-08-09 02:46:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tom Lane wrote:
> It sounds like you have standard_conforming_strings turned ON (making
> backslashes not special in string literals) but there is some part of
> the client-side code that is not aware of that, and thinks it needs to
> double the backslash in the LIKE pattern. Either turn off
> standard_conforming_strings or make sure you are using code that is
> new enough to cope.

Correct, standard_conforming_strings is ON. Client side is microsoft
access doing a link table.

Would it not be the ODBC driver itself that is adding the backslashes
rather than M$ Access? Seems to me a bit strange that access would do
something of that nature.

My initial assumption was that the ODBC driver makes an assumption that
standard_conforming_strings will not be on and adjusts the table names
accordingly. The following from the mylog file seems to me to indicate
this sort of behavior:

[35520-7.722]adjust in=billing\_code(13)
[35520-7.722]adjust output=billing\\_code(14)
[35520-7.722]adjust in=public(6)
[35520-7.722]adjust output=public(6)

Up to this point in the log everything says billing_code, after this,
everything says billing\\_code.

P.

--
Paul Lambert