Re: Strange ODBC behavior.

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange ODBC behavior.
Date: 2007-08-05 22:26:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Andrei Kovalevski wrote:

>> Any thoughts on this or is it more of an access issue?
> 1) Could you post here CREATE script for one of the tables with problem
> you descrived?  #delete message appears when something happens to the
> primary keys.
> 2) What is the version of your MS Access? PostgreSQL? Unicode or ANSI
> driver version?
> 3) Please, have a look on the linked table structure as it's recognised
> by MS Access. And post it here.
>

> Andrei.

I believe I have found the problem.

The primary key fields are defined in PG as type text, but MS access is
bringing them across as type "memo" - whatever that is.

It seems to be bringing most text type fields across like this.

I changed them to varchar on one of the tables I'm having a problem
with, relinked and they are coming across with a type of text on the
fields now and I can see the data without issue.

Strange... has anyone see that before?

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator