Re: wxWidgets alert at start

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWidgets alert at start
Date: 2007-08-04 10:29:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:

> On 3.8.2007, at 0.15, Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>
>> I soon get used to the fact that I changed my subscriber email,
>> setting it right helps in getting the message through. If this is a
>> double, feel free to erase this (as always)!

>>> OK, last time I checked once an app had crashed it couldn't crash again
>>> unless it was restarted!! What happens *exactly*, including error
>>> message text?
>>>
> <a lot snipped>
>
> Here's what I can do: in building the bundle I can replace the helper
> apps (pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore) with symbolic links to the
> respective apps in the postgresql82 port, as those apps are sure to
> exist due to the dependency setting. I made that replacement manually,
> and now pgAdmin starts ok. I don't like to mess with the internals of an
> app, but I don't like crashing either:-) How does that sound? It is
> relatively easy to write, and easy to remove, if and when a solution is
> found to the problem.

Well that will work (and does make it sound like something is foobarred
when we create the bundle), but what exactly are you trying to achieve?

I assume you're not just trying to use pgAdmin, otherwise why not just
use the bundle I provide which you said works OK?

If you want to hack on pgAdmin, then pkg/mac/debug-bundle.sh will create
a symlink pseudo-bundle which doesn't need to be rebuilt every time you
recompile.

Regards, Dave