Strange ODBC behavior.

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange ODBC behavior.
Date: 2007-08-03 01:45:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I had a server have a power outage on one of my PostgreSQL servers
yesterday and am having a strange ODBC issue now - not sure if they are
related occurances though.

I have a table called billing_code and one called models in my database.
If I connect via psql to the database with my standard db user I can see
both of these tables as well as the data contained within.

If I attempt to link these tables from MS Access, the billing_code one
returns "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object
'public.billing_code'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell
its name and the path name correctly" - this error despite the fact that
I had to physically select the table from a list it presented me when I
went into the linked table manager.

If I link the models table, it links fine, but when I attempt to open
it, I just get #Deleted in every column of every row for about 54,000
rows (the total number in the table)

The same problem happens with some of the other tables in the database -
some will get the first problem, some will get the second problem, and
some will link and load data without issue.

I was running odbc driver 8.02.02, I've upgraded to 8.02.04 - just in
case there was a problem with the driver getting corrupted but the
problem persists.

Can anyone offer any thoughts or suggestions on what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Lambert
Database Administrator

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Paul LambertDate: 2007-08-03 08:38:25