Re: wxWidgets alert at start

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jyrki(dot)wahlstedt(at)hut(dot)fi>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWidgets alert at start
Date: 2007-08-02 20:20:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
> Hmm, I'm not sure, whether the situation improved. What happens is that
> the app crashes twice. I wouldn't bet it is better :-)

OK, last time I checked once an app had crashed it couldn't crash again
unless it was restarted!! What happens *exactly*, including error
message text?

> In cases like this I'm always inclined to think that I myself have done
> something stupid. Now I just don't know what it could be. The output
> from SharedSupport/helper/pg_dump is:
> jwa(at)bach:pgadmin3> cd pgAdmin3.app/Contents/SharedSupport/helper/
> jwa(at)bach:helper> otool -L pg_dump
> pg_dump:
> @executable_path/../../../Contents/Frameworks/libpq.5.dylib
> (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
> @executable_path/../../../Contents/Frameworks/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
> (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 0.9.8)
>
> @executable_path/../../../Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 0.9.8)
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
> (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
> @executable_path/../../../Contents/Frameworks/libz.1.dylib
> (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3)
>
> @executable_path/../../../Contents/Frameworks/libreadline.5.2.dylib
> (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.2.0)
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 88.3.9)
>
> Looks ok to me

OK, but what if you then run otool on each of those libs that are in the
bundle? Perhaps one of them is referencing something thats not there (or
the build script broke a reference).

> The configure phase behaves now well, as expected. Thanks! There is,
> however, one slightly odd thing. In the summary there is a statement
> telling that SSL support is missing based probably on:
> checking for SSL_connect in -lpq... no
> checking for krb5_free_principal in -lpq... no
>
> This is certainly true in a way, as those symbols are not defined in
> libpq, but in libssl and libkrb5, respectively, but they do exist, both
> libraries and symbols (checked with nm -g).

That works OK for me. It's just checking for the symbol in the lib which
is only there if it's linked with openssl (whether or not it's an
imported or exported symbol isn't relevant to us - just whether it's there).

Regards, Dave