Re: enable logging of start time/cookie for all backend processes

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: enable logging of start time/cookie for all backend processes
Date: 2007-08-01 17:40:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I am also wondering if setting it in InitAuxiliaryProcess is redundant
> (or rather, whether the extra set in each auxiliary process is redundant
> with the call in InitAuxiliaryProcess).

Well, it's set right at the front of SubPostmasterMain, immediately
after setting MyProcPid. Is that enough to catch every path? I think
it's a better place than InitAuxiliaryProcess, because at that stage no
logging can have taken place. Maybe we just need to remove the other
special cases ... I'll take another look.

cheers

andrew