Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jyrki(dot)wahlstedt(at)hut(dot)fi>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X
Date: 2007-07-30 19:59:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
> Hi,
> I built b2 on OS X succesfully. However, trying to run it leads to an
> immediate crash with the following:

:-(

> I expect to find the cause later, but if someone finds it immediately,
> it would be nice. It could have something to do with some of the
> libraries, but I am not sure. Build itself goes fine, but … (wxWidgets
> in MacPorts does currently not have the --enable-mimetype=no configure
> option mentioned in the instructions, though I'd guess it is not
> essential, which may be wrong)

No, the mimetype option is unlikely to make any noticeable difference in
reality.

What configure option were used for wxWidgets, PostgreSQL and pgAdmin?
What version of each were used exactly?

Finally, I have seen a complete clean and rebuild cause crashes to
mysteriously vanish never to be seen again on my Mac - have you tried that?

Regards, Dave.