Re: pipe chunking vs Windows

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "korry(dot)douglas" <korry(dot)douglas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pipe chunking vs Windows
Date: 2007-07-29 22:31:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Yes this was intentional, notepad still doesn't like LF line endings.
> Not my preferred text viewer, but the only one that's always available.

Not for Wordpad though, and it's pretty universal too. And Notepad won't
load a file of any great size anyway. Furthermore, we just can't have
this alongside the pipe chunking protocol, so I'm inclined to blow it
away altogether, unless there are pretty loud squawks. Especially for
machine-readable logs, we want the log file to get *exactly* what we
send it.

cheers

andrew