Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date: 2007-07-26 21:17:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
Will try 16 and 32  CLOGBUFFER tomorrow:

But here is locks data again with about increased time profiling (about
2 minutes) for the connection with about 2000 users:

bash-3.00# time ./4_lwlock_waits.d 13583

             Lock Id            Mode           Count
       ProcArrayLock          Shared               5
          XidGenLock       Exclusive              13
     CLogControlLock          Shared              14
          XidGenLock          Shared              15
     CLogControlLock       Exclusive              21
       WALInsertLock       Exclusive              77
        WALWriteLock       Exclusive             175
       ProcArrayLock       Exclusive             275

             Lock Id   Combined Time (ns)
          XidGenLock            194966200
       WALInsertLock            517955000
     CLogControlLock            679665100
        WALWriteLock           2838716200
       ProcArrayLock          44181002600

Top Wait time   seems to come from the following code path for

             Lock Id            Mode           Count
       ProcArrayLock       Exclusive              21

             Lock Id   Combined Time (ns)
       ProcArrayLock           5255937500

             Lock Id   Combined Time (ns)