GiST Support in 8.1

From: Robert Landrum <rlandrum(at)aol(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GiST Support in 8.1
Date: 2007-07-24 19:15:29
Lists: pgsql-general

We're migrating from a 7.4 (Linux AS2.1) system to an 8.1.5 (Linux RHEL4
X64) system.

In 7.4, we used tsearch (txtidx fields) on some tables.

When we attempt to load the indexes for those fields in 8.1.5, we get a
strange SEGV.

\d historyticket
[cut]
short_summary_idx | txtidx |
[cut]

XXXXX=> CREATE INDEX historyticket_idx_12 ON historyticket USING gist
(short_summary_idx);
before or while processing the request.
!>