Re: disable archiving

From: Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>
To: Paul van den Bogaard <Paul(dot)Vandenbogaard(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disable archiving
Date: 2007-07-23 17:39:10
Lists: pgsql-performance
Perhaps you should've read the configuration-manual-page more carefully. ;)
Besides, WAL-archiving is turned off by default, so if you see them
being archived you actually enabled it earlier

The "archive_command" is empty by default: "If this is an empty string
(the default), WAL archiving is disabled."

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-wal.html

Best regards,

Arjen