Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date: 2007-07-20 20:51:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

sorry..

The are solaris mutex locks used by the postgresql process.

What its saying is that there are holds/waits in trying to get locks
which are locked at Solaris user library levels called from the
postgresql functions:
For example both the following functions are hitting on the same mutex
lock 0x10059e280 in Solaris Library call:
postgres`AllocSetDelete+0x98
postgres`AllocSetAlloc+0x1c4

I need to enable the DTrace probes on my builds

-Jignesh