Re: Option to turn auto-indentation off?

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Option to turn auto-indentation off?
Date: 2007-07-19 13:39:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>>
>> Testing the pgAdmin III 1.8.0 Beta 1(Jul 13 2007, rev: 6423). Client
>> Win XP, host: Debian Sarge / PG 8.1.8 and Debian Etch / PG 8.2.4
>>
>> Due to issues with multibyte characters, the auto-indentation feature
>> in the SQL dialogue window - which is nice while it works - is a
>> real nuisance as soon as a single multibyte character is involved,
>> which is 90 % of the time in my case.
>> Would you consider including an option to turn auto-indentation on /
>> off? Might be a welcome addition by itself, too.
>
> Errr: Edit -> Auto Indent ?

Arrgh! I have been seaching File -> Options over an over for this. Is
it just me, or would others look for "Auto Indent" among options like
"Indent characters" or "Use spaces instead of tabs", too? (Or is it the
heat?) Anyway, my wish has been granted. Thanks! :)
Another idea, though: with Edit -> Auto Indent you can set this option
per window. What about a general setting in File -> Options?

Regards
Erwin