Setting usesuper bit for user postgres.

From: John Horvath <johnh(at)csse(dot)unimelb(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Setting usesuper bit for user postgres.
Date: 2007-07-18 08:34:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
Greetings.

I have trawled the Web for answers but have found none to my problem.

The 'usesuper' bit for user "postgres" was set to 'f' by default in the
pg_shadow table in my
PostgreSQL 7.4.2 installation when I installed it on my OS X host.

My database is working fine (has been for a couple of years) but I want
to add some more users.

Any pointers on how to fix the usesuper bit issue for user postgres when
this is the only DB "superuser"?
Trying to modify this user's attributes from the commandline or via
phpPgAdmin does not seem to work for me.

Many thanks.
John

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: n0g0013Date: 2007-07-18 10:44:18