Re: cache problem (v2)

From: De Leeuw Guy <G(dot)De_Leeuw(at)eurofer(dot)be>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cache problem (v2)
Date: 2007-07-17 05:59:32
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello Andrew

> You can see things that happened in your own transaction, but nobody
> else can.  If you're working READ COMMITTED, you can also see work
> that other transactions commit while you were working.  Could any of
> that be affecting you?  Unless your own function is doing something
> with some cache, I am positive there's no cache issue here as you
> describe it.

I read the documentation :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/transaction-iso.html#XACT-SERIALIZABLE
and it's maybe my problem

the COPY start a transaction ? if yes each time my trigger select a data
and update then the value returned by the read are the value before the
transaction. It's true ? if yes my question are : also in the same
transaction (like my trigger) ?

Great thanks

Guy