Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts

From: "Affan Salman" <affan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts
Date: 2007-07-16 09:20:56
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
>  I don't think this is right.  If the original tuple was inserted by a
>  subtransaction of our transaction, it will have been checked at
>  subtransaction subcommit, no?

No, it will be checked at main transaction commit; the immediate_only
flag is FALSE for afterTriggerMarkEvents() only through the invocation
of AfterTriggerFireDeferred(), which comes from CommitTransaction() or
PrepareTransaction().

--
Affan Salman
EnterpriseDB Corporation                      http://www.enterprisedb.com