Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Caio Begotti <caio(at)ueberalles(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4
Date: 2006-12-12 17:11:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Caio Begotti <caio(at)ueberalles(dot)net> writes:
>> We've been unable to get SQLGetData to work with chunking and the
>> code is just pulling the OID of the blog, and not the actual blob...

Is that supposed to work?  I can't see the whole code, just the proposed
patch to change the chunk size on-the-fly (which seems completely
useless for such a small chunk size) ... but what it looks like is that
it's just selecting the OID column value.

If you expect a read of the column to deliver a lot of bytes then you
should be using bytea not large objects, I would think.