Re: odbc parameters

From: David Gardner <david(at)gardnerit(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc parameters
Date: 2007-07-11 14:22:25
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc

Could you post what you are doing in Access? Are you just copy/pasting
from a local table to a linked odbc table? Or are you executing insert
statements in a VBA for loop, if so please post the VBA code?

There are some settings in the ODBC driver that can effect performance,
but the types of SQL statements you are executing often have a much
greater effect on overall performance.

Also if you could turn on the logging in the ODBC driver, often Access
is executing queries on your behalf that you may be unaware of it.

--
David Gardner