Re: SQL Macros in QueryTool. Code is ready.

From: Krzysztof Śmigrodzki <ksmigrod(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Macros in QueryTool. Code is ready.
Date: 2007-06-29 19:10:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page pisze:
>> The code is available at:
>> http://www.adal.com.pl/pgadmin3/
> Hi Krzysiek
>
> Oh, and Ctrl-F1 (and possibly
> more) don't work for me, so I'll change it to Alt-F1).

Some afterthoughts:
Ctrl-F1 to Ctrl-F12 are not such a good idea. Ctrl-F4 is MDI window
close in most apps. Other Ctrl-Fkey combinations may also be dangerous.
I would stick with Ctrl-digit combination (one for loop to remove from
constructor).

> It could do with more
> commenting, but then so could much of the existing code.

I can add more comments to the code, but I will be able to publish them
not earlier than sunday evening.

> The macro management dialog is laid out OK, but some of the controls are
> quite tightly packed. I think it needs a little tweaking to ensure there
> are 5d borders around some of the controls to stop them looking so
> packed together.

Did my best, but I'm only poor database programmer, not an UI artist.
Tweaked version on page above.

> Finally, the documentation page is missing from the patch.

It was not written at the time. But now there is something that looks
like documentation on the page above. My diff generator can't process
binary files, so there will be no diff to documentation. I don't have
access to WinXP machine, so screenshots are from Vista.

Regards, Krzysiek.