Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Date: 2007-06-29 00:15:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> There are already so many options and I'm not eager to increase
> the options excessively. It's also pretty painful to add a check
> box etc in the setup dialog.

Inoue san,

while the parameter topic is on I would like to ask wether there is a
plan to include further ssl-parameters in ther connection string like
ngODBC has.
In theory the ngODBC accepts a path to the key- and cerificate-files
along with a passphrase. As of now I couldn't get it to work.
It would be nice if those features could be provided by the PostgreSQL
project's own ODBC driver, too.

At least the passphrase would be handy so that one could keep the
ssl-keyfile encrypted on the harddisk.
For security reasons this concerns me a bit because we have notebooks
that run our application and some usbsticks that hold the keys.

AFAIK PGAdmin doesn't support this either.

Regards
Andreas