Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

From: Adam Radlowski <adamr(at)informatyka(dot)gdansk(dot)pl>
To: POLONKAI Gergely <polesz(at)w00d5t0ck(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-28 09:33:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
Some ideas:
With Slony one the one of these server You can install paralell a
"central" database and "slave". They can work on two database clusters
with running two PostgreSQL instances (on two different ports).
Read the docs about dbmirror too (source tree - contrib/dbmirror).
You can make Your own replication using the module dblink (If You are
using PostgreSQL compiled from sources, You have to change directory in
source tree to contrib/dblink; read there all docs, compile and install;
You have to remember to run script dblink.sql calling it from psql after
"make install").
Adam