Re: [Postgres Mkt/PR] Folder design/conferences

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Postgres Mkt/PR] Folder design/conferences
Date: 2007-06-21 14:10:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I know there has been some talk about folders for materials for the
>> upcoming conferences.  We're about  a month out from the first one
>> (OSCON).
>
> Right.
>

>> Was there already a design in place?  Who is going to be in the
>> folder?  How will we pay for 'em (I suggest we just print 1000, and
>> vendors with inserts get some press on an inside flap and just split
>> the costs)
>
> We are going to do a simple blue folder with the PostgreSQL elephant
> and the community tagline underneath.
That seems like a lot of wasted real estate.  How about putting some
customer testimonials on the back, and at least some contact info, etc.
on the inside flap?  What about costs of the folders..where is that
coming from?  I saw some initial discussion, but then it just seeemed to
drop to nothing...

> As far as who is in the folder, anyone can be, but the only color
> inserts are the postgresql ones.
Is there a reason for that?  I must've missed an entire thread of folder
related emails on advocacy .  If vendors are supposed to put together
materials they should at least have some idea as to what.  Our materials
are normally in color...

Also, if we want to present a "professional" image, then I would think
that vendor materials would be desireable in color.  A bunch of black
and white flyers doesn't make much of an impression, and we want
potential PG users to feel that the PG support community is a
professional one...  I think it's rare to find an enterprise-class
company that provides print/advertising materials in all black and white...

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group

pgsql-advocacy by date