Re: How to restore updated records

From: Aleksander Kmetec - INTERA <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
To: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: zz_11(at)mail(dot)bg, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to restore updated records
Date: 2007-06-19 11:38:19
Lists: pgsql-admin
About 2 years ago a new guy at our company deleted all contents of a table on a development server and I managed to
restore them by changing the XID value with pg_resetxlog.

You can get last chackpoint's XID by running pg_controldata; then use pg_resetxlog -x and try different values. You'll
need to repeat the "copy from backup - change XID - start postmaster" cycle a few times; but it should be doable in less
than an hour.

Regards,
Aleksander