Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed foruser"postgres"

From: "Dan Joo" <djoo(at)agraquest(dot)com>
To: "Karsten Hilbert" <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed foruser"postgres"
Date: 2008-05-20 16:47:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Great suggestion!

I renamed it to "pg_hba.conf_tmp", and I can still log into PG. There
is another linux box in the network and changed the title of the
pg_hba.conf file as well, and still allows me to log in to PG.

Is there a command that I can use to find out which file PG is looking
into for the settings in pg_hba.conf? Could it be that the config file
is not even titled "pg_hba.conf"?

Just so that you know, I restarted postgres after changing the file
names in both machines.

[root(at)RH-Dev djoo]# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service: [ OK ]
Starting postgresql service: [ OK ]