Re: Testing 1.7: issues in edit grid & query window

From: Erwin Brandstetter <a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing 1.7: issues in edit grid & query window
Date: 2007-06-14 15:24:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi Dave!
>
> Contrary to what I thought I had observed and what I announced in my
> reply to your new snapshot (partly fixed), I cannot reproduce any of
> the problems in rev. 6357 any more, sorry. (Or am I?)
> Everything auto-indentation works like a charm, as far as further
> tests have shown. Thanks and sorry for the noise.

Well, well. After further testing I can shed some light on this. The
multybyte beast rears its ugly head again
The problems ARE still there, with any multybyte characters prior to the
cursor. That's why I could observe them in one test and could not
reproduce them in the next.
The issue with selected text not being replaced by <enter> is gone for
good, however.

Also, auto-indentation still gets confused if you enter the cursor
somewhere in the middle of the non-printing indentation characters and
press <enter>. In this case indentation space is added up and blanks on
previous lines are left behind.

Regards
Erwin