Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS

From: Joe Barwell <jbar(at)es(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Date: 2007-06-12 03:41:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com> wrote:

> I think the easiest approach to get you started is to
> download and install the startup item. Then reboot your
> computer. You won't need to know the postgres user
> password to start the server and it will be started
> automatically when your computer starts.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
> group_id=133151&package_id=147282

Hello John,

OK, it installed fine, restarted fine, but postgres does not
appear in Activity
Monitor. I can't use Creat User in the Client tools (or any
other tool). It says:

Database connection failed:
could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

pgAdmin III likewise can't connect to the postgres server.

Cheers!

Joe