Re: Crash on saving

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: christian(dot)lins(at)web(dot)de, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Crash on saving
Date: 2007-06-12 14:50:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Christian Lins wrote:
> Hello!
> I tried another PDF without problems, but I attached that "special"
> PDF-Document that caused the crash (try the coords on the second page =>
> b.) Don't worry about the German text;)).
> As far as I know this PDF was created from LateX.

Thanks for that. The pasted text contains invalid unicode characters
which neither PostgreSQL, or wxWidgets' conversion functions could
handle. There's not much I can do to fix the data, but I have added a
test to wxUtfFile::Write (actually a pgAdmin function, not sure why it
has a wx prefix!) to throw an error if the data cannot be converted,
rather than to just crash.

Regards, Dave