Testing 1.7: Crash on viewing properties of unique constraints

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Testing 1.7: Crash on viewing properties of unique constraints
Date: 2007-06-11 20:03:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi developers! Hi Dave!

Testing pgAdmin III 1.7.0, rev 6292:6293. Client Win XP, hosts: Debian
Sarge / PG 8.1.8 and Debian Etch / PG 8.2.3.

When trying to view the properties of a primary key or unique
constraint, pgAdmin crashes instantly. I can reproduce it every time.
Does not happen with other types of constraints. Those two implement a
unique index, so maybe that's a lead ..

That's what I get in the logs:
    postgres LOG:  SSL SYSCALL error: Connection reset by peer
    postgres LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset
by peer
    postgres LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
My connection is non-SSL, so I don't understand why it says "SSL
SYSCALL". But I don't think that has anything to do with the crash.

Regards
Erwin

pgadmin-hackers by date

Previous:From: Marcos Alves T. de AzevedoDate: 2007-06-11 14:19:21
Subject: Foi bom ter te conhecido!