Re: [NOVICE] Query with tables from 2 different databases inJava

From: "Bart Degryse" <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Query with tables from 2 different databases inJava
Date: 2007-06-07 14:57:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-novice

Personally I have no good experiences with neither dblink nor dbi-link.
They perferm only acceptably on very few records.
My approach now is to use srf plperl functions. That approach requires you
to have a reasonable knowledge of perl, but is in my experience the fastest
(or at least slow) one and certainly the most flexible one.

Loredana Curugiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a query to use tables from 2 different databases and
> that query to be executed from a .java file. What do you recommand?

Hi, Loredana. You can't execute a query that includes two different
databases in postgresql. However, you may want to look at the dblink
contributed module (in contrib/dblink in the postgresql source) that
provides an extension to do this. I have no idea how this will behave
in the context of a java client, though.

Sean

match