Re: [psqlODBC 08.02.0402] OpenSSL libraries

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [psqlODBC 08.02.0402] OpenSSL libraries
Date: 2007-06-06 15:20:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Rainer Bauer wrote:

> Do you have a Win32 program that establishes a SSL connection and does NOT
> crash?

For example MS Access. Unfortunately we can't expect to add
  OPENSSL_Applink() code snippet to such generic applications.

> Rainer
>
> PS: psqlODBC only calls SSL_read(), SSL_write() and SSL_get_error(). As I
> understand it all the real SSL handling happens in libpq. So maybe I am
> looking at the wrong place to find the error?

Psqlodbc uses libpq to establish SSL connections and gets the result
communication path using PQsocket() and/or PQgetssl(). Then
the driver communcates with the server via the commnication path
and doesn't call libpq APIs until the end of the connection.
The driver calls PQfinish() to terminate the connection.

It would be a problem if libpq and psqlodbc link different openssl
libraries.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue