Re: OK button on restore

From: Andy Shellam <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OK button on restore
Date: 2007-06-04 20:07:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yep I agree, with pg_restore, warnings also generate a non-zero return
code, but the restore does complete successfully, so this is mis-leading.
An example is "language <xxx> already exists" - pg_restore just throws a
warning to let you know this, but the restore is successful.

Perhaps what might work better is a message box - if you've already
performed a restore but it returned non-zero, and OK is pressed again in
the same dialogue box, throw up a message saying something like "you've
already attempted a restore, are you sure you want to run it again?"

Andy.