OK button on restore

From: Pierce Tyler <pierce(at)openmfg(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OK button on restore
Date: 2007-05-29 15:43:31
Lists: pgadmin-support
This may be more of a feature request/suggestion than a bug. But here's
the issue: After finishing a restore using the Windows version (tested
in 1.6.3, but was also present in 1.4.x), if you click the "OK" button
when you're done, the restore process runs a 2d time--which is not
desirable. I've used the program enough to know I should select "CANCEL"
instead. But the distinction between OK and CANCEL (or "DONE", which I
believe I've seen in some versions) is not totally clear. The bottom
line is it's far too easy for a user to click OK thinking they're doing
the right thing, when in fact it's not the right thing to do.

I'm sure there are multiple ways to address this issue. One thought I
had would be to throw a message whenever the OK button is selected.
Something along the lines of "Clicking OK will cause the restore
operation to be run using the specified backup file. Do you wish to
continue? Y/N. HINT: To exit the restore screen select CANCEL."

Best regards,
Pierce

--
Pierce Tyler

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2007-05-29 20:28:57